If you’re on the hunt for a new job, LinkedIn is a game-changer.
With over 875 million members on the platform, it’s important to stand out from the crowd and make the most of your profile.
In this latest edition of our newsletter, we’ll share some LinkedIn hacks so you can boost your profile, network effectively, and increase your career prospects.
1. Optimise your profile
To get noticed on LinkedIn, you need a strong profile – here’s how you can optimise it:
- Make sure your profile is complete – use the LinkedIn tool at the top of your profile to get “All-Star” status.
- Upload a profile photo (professional, but not too corporate) and consider creating a short introduction video.
- Create a compelling headline – it’s one of the first things people see, so it needs impact! You can also separate it with characters like | or emojis.
- Create a summary that details your key skills and experience. Write it in your own voice and style but keep it professional!
- Use keywords in your profile so you appear in more searches. With creator mode on, you can also add hashtags.
2. Expand your network
Growing your network is key to making the most of LinkedIn. Remember, you can have up to 30,000 1st-degree connections, but prioritise quality over quantity:
- Start by connecting with people you know (friends, ex-colleagues, industry peers, etc.).
- Attend virtual events and webinars to network with more people and follow up with connection requests.
- Use Boolean search strings to find people from specific companies you’re interested in following.
- Search hashtags for relevant content and connect with creators.
- Personalise your connection requests – it’s more likely to be accepted.
3. Engage with content
This is the best way to get visibility on LinkedIn and establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry. Here are some tips to help you engage with content:
- Interact with content relevant to your industry and interests. Like and leave comments to spark conversations.
- Tag relevant people in your posts to encourage engagement – but only tag people who will engage, otherwise your post visibility will dramatically drop.
- Follow and engage with key influencers in your industry – this will give you visibility to the whole of their network (potentially thousands more people).
4. Post consistently
Posting regularly on LinkedIn can help you build a following – here’s how you can do it effectively:
- Stick to a regular schedule – daily, weekly, or 3 times a week, just make sure it’s consistent and ideally at the same time.
- Keep your content varied – don’t be afraid to share some personal posts or add humour.
- Share valuable content – this could be industry news, tips/tricks, or your own insights and experiences.
- Use visuals/images to make your posts stand out.
- Send connection requests to relevant people who engage with your content to grow your network further.
5. Track your progress using analytics
The LinkedIn analytic tools are great to show how your profile and posts are performing – what’s working and what isn’t. Here are some metrics to track:
- Profile views
- Engagement (likes, comments, and shares for your posts)
- Referral traffic (traffic your LinkedIn profile drives to your website or other online platforms)
These simple hacks will make your profile stand out, and allow you to get the best out of LinkedIn.
Boosting your LinkedIn will open up more opportunities for career growth – both internally and with other companies. Plus it’s a great way to upskill yourself through your connections and articles shared.
So if you’re on the lookout for a new opportunity, why not reach out to our consultants at Mexa Solutions today?
Get in touch via LinkedIn, or give us a call/email on 020 3642 0454 or email@example.com.