It can be tricky to ask for a pay rise.
It might be that you’ve worked somewhere for a while, and don’t feel you’re valued correctly.
Or perhaps you have taken on extra responsibility, but your salary has remained the same.
If you’re looking to increase your salary (for whatever reason) then here are 5 things you can do:
- Research: it’s important to know what you should be paid and to know your value in the market.
- Speak to your manager/HR: it’s so important to have these open conversations and address any issues you might have. You never know, your salary problems could be rectified!
- Track Achievements: it’s important to keep a log of all activities and examples of when you’ve gone above your pay grade. That way you can provide evidence to justify your pay rise.
- Speak to a recruiter: they know the industry inside-out and will be able to advise what you should be paid. At Mexa Solutions, we provide a free salary guide for each niche we recruit in.
- If all else fails… job search: if you’ve exhausted all options with your current employer, then it’s time to put yourself out on the market. There will be an employer out there that will give you the pay you deserve.
If you want any more advice about your job search, or you’re not sure about your market worth, then get in contact with Mexa Solutions. Our consultants are specialists in their field and can give you the information you need.
Give us a call on 0203 642 0454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.